Yikes! That's right, I only read one book!
- Bogtrotter by Richard Coffey is the story of Richard and his wife Jeanne lived in the Twin Cities. Had successful jobs, and took part in the hustle and bustle of normal life, but always longed for a place of their own, in the quiet. They decided to sell most of their things, move to rural, northern Minnesota, and build a little cabin on a bog, with outdoor plumbing and no electricity. It was interesting. I don't think I could do it, but it was a good read about slowing down and loosening the control stuff has on our lives. But, I really do love a nice hot shower and that I don't have to cut firewood to keep my home warm through the long winters.
I found quite a few books thanks to two different stops at two different thrift shops and a book showing up on my wishlist at Bookmooch.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky- No I have never read this modern classic!
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman- I liked Stardust and I know Beth from Printcess and Miss Angie from My Socalled Chaos both love Neil so I when I saw this one for 50cents, I scooped it up.
- Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald- Usually I stay away from Oprah Book Club books. I don't know why, it's kind of pretentious to not want to read something because I consider it too "mainstream" or "popular", But this one takes place in Nova Scotia, a place I've always wanted to visit, and with winter coming, it sounded like a good read. Gothic family saga and all.
- A Wolf at the Table by Augusten Burroughs- After reading the reader reviews on Goodreads, I'm thinking I maybe should have not got it, but it too was 50cents. Worse case, it sits on my shelf for a long time before finding it's way back to Goodwill.
- Gift of the Red Bird by Paula D'Arcy- D'Arcy wrote this book after her husband and baby. After such loss, she needed to restore her faith.
- Natural Wonders of Wisconsin by Don Davenport- This is more a reference book. It lists national, state, and local parts, resources available there, hiking trails, etc.
- A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World by Paul E. Miller- Prayer is something I need to do better about. I thought this book looked good.
- 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller- Sounds like a lot of hype, but maybe I can glean a thing or two from it.