A new year means a time for new goals. I've spent the past month thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2016 and how to accomplish, and while I'm tempted to make 50 different goals and set to work on all of them, I decided less may be more in this case. Here's what I'm hoping to tackle in January.
- Successfully do my 21 Day Purification Diet. No caffeine, alcohol, sugar, cheese, ice cream or bread for twenty-one days! As a carb lover, I'm nervous, but I think I'll feel much better after I'm done, and probably while I'm doing it.
- To go with my take care of my physical self better. Exercise at least twenty minutes, three times a week. I initially wanted to plan something big, like work out for an hour a day, five days a week. But I know I'll hate it, and as soon as I miss a day or two, I'll just give up. So, I figured I'd start with something really manageable.
- Read four books. I didn't get 48 books read in 2015, but I think I could have if I hadn't had schoolwork and so many other projects in the last quarter of the year. I'm setting the same goal for 2015.
- Daily quiet time. I want to up my spiritual health. So, making sure I take time each day to pray, meditate, and read the Bible are on my must do list.
- Morning pages! Actually, just a morning page to start with. This is more for my mental and creative health. I did it before, and really loved it, It's time to get back in the habit. It's also a key building block to writing more in general.
And, if you want to link up your goals, or see what everyone else, is striving for this month, head over to the link up hosted by Miss Angie and Karen!