Summer is flying right by. It seems like it was just a few weeks ago when I was starting seedlings and hauling my cross country skis down to the basement. July was not a very good month goal wise. I only managed to complete one out of my four.
- Write every day. Didn't even start.
- Eat breakfast in the park at least once a week. Made it there maybe twice, but then there was some rainy days, and then it was super humid, and then there's just the fact that I can be really lazy sometimes.
- Sew three big projects. I ended up making three Ella shirts from Liola's pattern. You can see my pattern review here. I love the tank and think it'll transition into fall with cardigans and button ups just fine.
- Continue to eat less sugar and be more conscientious about what I eat. Was doing okay until I discovered how much I miss ice cream. And when it's 90 with crazy humidy, ice cream is really all I want to eat.
- Sew three large things, or seven smaller. One of my friends was talking about how she needs to get some jewelry made and we talked about doing craft fairs together next summer. I have plenty of fabric, I just need to get it sewn. We could totally do this if we both worked on getting some stock made.
- Write and/or walk for at least an hour a day. I'm thinking if I give myself an option, it may help. I'm also planning on devoting 8:30-9:30 to this, not blogging, not playing around online, just writing or walking. Both are things I want to do and I keep making excuses, so I'm hoping that having a plan will help.
- Get back on track with my eating. I'm still taking my coffee black, but I need to get back to healthy foods and actually eating meals. If I'm home alone (which has been the case most of the time lately) I just snack on some chips, or a piece of toast, or something and don't really eat a meal. But I think I'm eating more and food that isn't as good for me, so I want to get that changed around.
- Focus on being encouraging, not complaining. I can complain like no ones business. I think I'm definitely more a glass half empty type of person, even though I try to tell myself I'm just being realistic. But I don't want to be the downer friend that makes everyone feel depressed. I want to build people up. So I'm making a conscious effort to do that this month.
- Do a little soul searching. I'm excited about finishing my associates this year, but I really have no clue what to do next. I want to explore my options and come up with at least some goals if not a plan.