- 1 cup of coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- Clean jar or container for you finished project
- Mix coffee grounds with salt.
- Add oil and a swirl of honey.
- Stir until combined. Mixture will resemble an Oreo crumb crust.
- Spoon mixture into your container and add lid. (I used a 1 pint mason jar, which actually requires more than a single recipe.)
This scrub works great after gardening. I prefer to use it in the shower, because it is a little messy, but that's just me. To use, just take a little of the scrub in your hand, add water and smooth over needed area. I've seen coffee scrubs marketed as cellulite reducing scrubs, due to the caffeine in the coffee, but can't really vouch for that. I like to use it on elbows, knees, and feet. It's going to make your shower smell like you're bathing in a giant latte, which I think is a great way to wake up in the morning.
- I look for cheap coffee. The Starbucks I used was marked down to $2 a bag because it was outdated. (I've also heard you can use already used coffee grounds, but have not tried that myself.)
- You can use salt, brown sugar, or white sugar. I usually just use whatever I have handy.
- Don't have sweet almond oil? Any carrier oil will work- jojoba, avocado, etc. You could even use olive oil if need be.