Monday, December 16, 2013

Finished Project- Super Tote!

So, I mentioned a few weeks ago that I had bought Noodlehead's Super Tote pattern when it was on sale after Thanksgiving.  Then on Wednesday I showed my progress in cutting out all the pieces.  Well, I finally finished it today!

Here it is! 

Super Tote
 I got the fabric for the interior, exterior and sides from Joann's a few months ago, with no specific plan in mind, but it was just enough for this pattern and I really liked how it turned out.  Originally, I had planned on using a purple fabric for the side panels, but it just wasn't quite the right hue, so I had to go with this yellow.  I'm not super impressed with the quality of the yellow fabric, but I didn't have time to find anything else.  I think it will hold up alright though.

Recessed zipper and elastic pockets.
 The zipper was way easier to install than I thought it'd be and I'm so glad I didn't chicken out and make it without a zip. 

 Better view of the pockets.
I like tote bags, but I always wish they had functional pockets.  Well this pattern does!  They're deep, and have elastic across the top to make them hold all your things in place.

I'm so happy with the results!  I've already started cutting a second one out.  (Using a beloved piece of Anna Marie Horner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment