Cozy Box host was Brandi from Lipstick and Tractors. This was the first of what I hope will be an annual event. Christmas swaps are fun, but it was kind of nice to have one that was just late fall. It's a time of year that gets pretty depressing around here and having a swap to participate in was fun. I "met Brandi" when we were paired up for the Local Flavors swap this summer. She's from Iowa and just a great girl.
She paired me and Miss Angie up as partners. I "know" Miss Angie from "Musical Monday" link ups, her blog My So Called Chaos, and because she co-runs Chaotic Goddess swaps. So it was fun to be paired with someone that I actually feel like I know. I had a lot of fun shopping for Miss Angie. We love a lot of the same things so it was great.
I got her package in the mail Saturday when I got home from my shopping trip with Lori. I immediately ripped it open (didn't even bother unpacking all the pretties I had bought that day). And it was awesome!
|Pardon the poor lighting please. I've been working so many day shifts lately that|
it seems to be dark whenever I do pictures.
- An adorable hedgehog Christmas ornament. HB saw it and immediately thought it was a cat toy. I had to hide it on him in a drawer in my office.
- Matching snowmen nail polishes. I painted my toes the red glitter today. It has an awesome raspberry hue to it and I love it. Makes my feel happy whenever I take my socks off. The silver glitter is so Christmasy- I can't wait to try it out.
- Some Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix in caramel. Yum AND adorable!
- Some Santa and snowman note pads. I am a paper hoarder. Sometimes I think I make lists just as an excuse to use paper. These will be super handy with holiday list making.
- Ghirardelli peppermint bark! Delicious! Really made me want to make peppermint cookie bark like right then and there. (In fact, I bought the ingredients for it today when I was at Walmart.)
- Hot cocoa on a stick. Love stuff like this! And I can't wait to try it.
- And a gorgeous scarf! The picture does not do it justice. But it's rich jewel tones with metallic thread throughout. I have a couple others in similar prints, but none in this color scheme. It's so bright and cheery! I have been using it with my winter coat every day sense I opened my package.
Thank you so much for the great swap, Brandi, and for being an awesome partner, Miss Angie! Can't wait to do it again next year!
Head over to Lipstick and Tractors to see the big reveal on what everyone else got!