1. I didn't finish any books in October! I've read a little here and there but have just felt too antsy to sit down and get absorbed in a good book. With cold weather coming, I'm looking forward to reading more. Snow and ice are perfect excuses for sitting indoors drinking coffee and tea and reading.
2. I have been baking and cooking a lot lately. I've made this apple crisp from "A Family Feast" which was pretty tasty, cheesey vegetable chowder from Lulu the Baker (I had forgotten how delicious this was!), some maple flavored coffee syrup using Nellie Bellie's directions, and yesterday, a banana cake for a birthday girl at work. I really do love cooking and trying new recipes.
3. Here's a giveaway if you're looking for a chance to score some new fabric: Our Busy Little Bunch is giving away a fat quarter bundle of Roots and Wings,
4. November is National Novel Writing Month month or NaNoWriMo. I'm going to give it a try. I have plenty of other things going on, but if not now, then when. Right? Right. If you want to try it, go to NaNoWriMo's website to sign up. It's free.
5. And finally, my last Local Flavors swap partner, Brandi- of Lipstick and Tractors is hosting a Cozy Box swap. A chance to meet up and swap books of fall/winter goodies with a new friend. You don't have to be a blogger, so if you're interested in signing up, check out her post with the specifics!