It's crazy that 2014 is almost finished. I've been polishing my goals for 2015, and thinking about what I hope to accomplish in the coming year. I love New Year goals. It's like a fresh notebook to write all your dreams in. So this week, most of my things are related to making 2015 awesome.
1. I enrolled in Campfire Chic's Spark e-course. I don't feel super burned out per say, just more like overwhelmed and not sure what I should be doing. I have followed Kam's blog for a while now, and this e-course is only a 30 day project- you get an email each day and only costs $10. I figured it was worth a shot. :) I've only gotten the first two emails but I think it's going to be a good thing for me.
2. Originally I was going to make my own planner for 2015, but then I realized I wanted something more than a planner. So, I got the Emergent Task Planner notebook from David Seah. It's only for 3 months, but each day gets its own page and there's lots of room for making lists and planning out your day. I'm not one to plan out my time in increments, but I think it will still work for me.
3. I finally backed up my blog. It's been on my to-do list, since I saw My So Called Chaos' New Blogger tips post about how easy it was to do. My husband got me a cute little flash drive for Christmas, so I figured it was time. It took like all of 5 minutes to dig up the instructions again and do it, but I feel much better now that I have done it.
4. This year feels like Christmas was upon us in no time.
I knew there was only three weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas,
and thought I was doing good, but all of a sudden, Christmas was here
and I didn't bake nearly as much as I had been planning on, I didn't
finish a lot of the gifts I wanted to make, I had things made that never
got listed in Etsy, and I didn't even finish my Christmas cards. One
of my goals for next year is going to be to get ready early, so I can
actually enjoy the Christmas season in 2015.
5. This is not so much a thing as a question. How many blogs do you guys read? I use Bloglovin, and I love how easy it is to keep track of all the blogs I follow, but I find if I don't check in at least daily, I quickly end up with an overflowing list of unread posts. Like we're talking 300 posts. Any tips or tricks for following your favorite blogs? Should I be limiting the number I follow, or just skimming more? Let me know what your system is.