- Give up coffee creamer. This actually went pretty well. I gave up creamer before I went on vacation to the U.P. so I think that helped. I drank my coffee with milk while on vacation, and then by the time I got home, I was ready to just drink it black. I thought this was going to be way harder than it was.
- Walk every day for at least 15 minutes. I didn't do this every day. But, I really only missed a couple days and one was due to rain. If I didn't get a walk in before work, I would go on my lunch break at work and listen to a podcast while I walked along. In fact, the background picture for my July goals (seen before) was taken on one of these walks. I've also been riding my bike a lot to run errands and to go to the park. And, by only setting a time of 15 minutes, I find that I don't feel like I don't have time to get it done, and most of the time I end up going at least a half hour. But, if I am pressed for time, 15 minutes still feels like success sense that's the requirement I set.
- Blog at least three times a week. Success! Using a blogging calendar and setting time aside to plan has really made all the difference. I plan on continuing that in July.
- Continue to get up by 7:30 on weekdays. Once again, there was a couple days where I slept in until 8. But, for the most part, I've done really well. And, I actually have cut back on naps too. I think it's from cutting out a lot of sugar. (I haven't bought anything but water from the vending machines at work for over a month- no pop, no candy, no chips.)
Now. Here's what I have planned for July...
- Write every day. Specifically, using The Writer's Workbook for an exercise every day.
- Eat breakfast in the park at least once a week. I've gotten up a couple mornings, and biked to the park at the other side of town (remember: my town is small, this literally takes 15 minutes tops) and eat breakfast in the park, write, read, and just watch the geese. There's usually no one else there, and it's so peaceful, and usually very productive. It's just about making the time to do it.
- Sew three big projects. I finished a commission last month, and am ready to get back to sewing for me. I have a wedding to go to, a couple birthdays, and such coming up so I want to get some sewing done for them. I have this tote bag kit from Craftsy that I want to make, and a few others in mind.
- Continue to eat less sugar and be more conscientious about what I eat. Lose five pounds by the end of the month. I feel like I finally have a grip on diet and exercise and moderation. I think good things are going to be happening! :)